At the request of Siemens Energy, Inc. (Siemens), we offloaded two 65 megawatt generators, and 42 associated crates and pallets, from an oceangoing vessel. The generators were transported to an indoor storage facility on-site using Self Propelled Motorized Transports (SPMT’s), and set in place using load spreaders that we engineered. The scope of work included the following:
- Heavy lift of the generators from an oceangoing vessel onto a dockside SPMT.
- Transport of the generators from the dock to indoor storage.
- Set generators in place in indoor storage on load spreaders of our own design.
- Maintain inventory of all materials received.
- Monitor humidity levels inside generator packaging and report to customer.